Powered By Blogger

Monday, April 24, 2017

What Happened???


Well I haven't been on lately...so much going on! I don't know how some people can blog every single day lol  My dad finally got results back from his doc....lowest levels of B12 they've ever seen. This is what's been causing his black outs, high blood pressure, swollen fingers, etc. All his other blood work came out great...hearts good, lungs good too. So glad they figured this out. And it makes sense because I've read about people with anxiety, depression etc needing more B12 so maybe it will even help with that...it should!
As for my mom, her pains haven't been figured out. But at least she's feeling better. I get the same thing from her....pains that no one can figure out lol  We are conundrums! I'm just so happy that they are both feeling way better than they were. I was getting pretty worried there.

Another thing I've been having to deal with is my youngests issues with "anxiety" and PSTD type of symptoms. Ive been trying to narrow things down with him and one of the biggest worrisome issues he's been dealing with have been with bathroom trips. He has suffered from bowel issues since he was 1. He walked up to me in his diaper then and cried and then passed out..lips blue. Freaked me out so badly!! We got in the car and drove to the hospital. I just remember being scared and saying "I can't do this!", was so afraid of something bad happening to him at that moment. After xrays, they found that his bowels were totally blocked up and he had fainted from that. 2 yrs ago he went to the washroom (8rs old) and luckily didn't flush the toilet. I came home and saw blood all in the toilet and found out it was from him. He had been complaining about tummy pain a few says in a row around that time and that day so after seeing that we took him up to the hospital. They sent us to Victoria, 2 ambulance rides on the way there, and then tests to figure it out. They thought his bowels were turning inside itself but after excruciatingly painful (even to watch) bowel exams and cat scan, they finally found the issue. He had a bowel blockage that was caused from a cyst on his bowel. So he went into surgery. Any parent knows how terrifying that is...your child being taken away from you into the operating room. I was scared and couldn't shut my brain off from worrying. After the surgery they wheeled him back into the room in the bed...he looked so purple and hot (high blood pressure), so of course I was worried again. It never stops! Being a parent can be so tough because you always worry about your children.
So recently he was having some issues again. He's been getting dizzy, hard to breath, not feeling great and his nerves have been going crazy. Like anxiety overload! They recently xrayed him again and said his bowels were blocked up again. It seems to be an ongoing thing for him. When he goes, he's not going enough. The doc gave us a jug of powder that they give for people preparing for colonoscopy. He said because of his background with bowel issues, it would be a good idea to give him a tsp of this in his juice or water all the time to keep him regular. So he has been feeling a bit better having that stuff. But....
Now I've really noticed that one of his big issues, that cause problems for him going to school...and I mean he doesn't want to go at all, he starts panicking about it, not only because the alarms for drills scare him (the school now gives him headphones while drills happen) but he also is worried something bad will happen at his school...the biggest issue though, he won't use the toilets at school. He worries that he'll have to go and he doesn't want to go there. I think the fact that before he had that surgery, he saw blood in the toilet...and he told me when he saw it he got scared and cried. (so heartbreaking) Anyway, I've summed it up to him having PTSD. It's caused a lot of fear for him so now I have to work on helping him out with that. One good thing is that the heath business I'm involved in has a natural product that has been helping others with this sort of issue and many more issues so I will be starting him on half or less plus the drink. I know it's been helping my middle son with anxiety etc so I need to get him going on it. It hurts too much to see him with this much fear and worry. :(
We really need to listen and pay attention to our children. Their needs, fears, worries, etc. And not make them feel less because they worry but help them to understand where their worries are coming from. And help them by talking. Just sit down and have a conversation with your child. It really does help.


In other news....

Well, today I've planted more seeds, made a great vegetarian turkey sandwich on olive bread and a blueberry, hemp powder smoothie with chai seeds, flax seeds and cinnamom...with a touch of maple syrup for lunch, enjoyed the sunshine out my kitchen window, did some cleaning, a bit of work, and blogging.




I tried to listen to some records but I think my record player has had it. Time for a new one!

 


Ok, I'm loving the color of that one on Amazon! :)  One thing I love is listening to records! For some reason, no matter what the music is..new or old...I just feel the music more...more soulful. Of course I tend to listen more to Ella Fitzgerald, Billie Holiday, Peggy Lee, Louis Armstrong, etc etc etc. But you know what I mean! Even if I pop on some Elton John, I just love it!!


Well today is gorgeous out, blue sky, birds chirping, lawns being mowed...  I'll be leaving soon to walk down to my youngests school to pick him up. Nothing beats a nice walk on a beautiful day!

Happy Monday!!
Dawn The Irish Princess
xo




1 comment:

  1. I just found your blog... holy smokes! Your family is in my thoughts and prayers!

    ReplyDelete