Powered By Blogger

Sunday, April 9, 2017

The People you meet can really make a difference....


Well it's only 3:30pm and I feel very inspired and happy but also sad at the same time.
A friend of my dads showed up at my door with his friend. My dads friend has a motorhome and lives in that and this other man is homeless. He came here to try to help fix my laptop but I wasn't expecting them lol  Anyway, I talked to the man outside of my house (didn't want anyone in today as my kitchen was disaster...  enjoyed our conversation a lot. I had met him before with my sister in front of the dollarstore downtown in the summer and he was telling us about solar paneling etc. So today we talked about it again too. This man is so knowledgable and smart when it comes to electrical work. He told me he was an electrical engineer and you could tell. He told me in detail how to fix my laptop...right down to coding. Told me he will still come help me out and would do it for free even. He is even trying to help build small homes for people...non profit! We talked about poverty and the homeless and mental health etc. And the best part, he looks into your eyes having a real conversation, very intelligent person, and I loved it!

It got me thinking, it amazes me because so many people live on the street and yet we know nothing about them. Each person from a different background, a different way of life, different thinking, and different reasons they are on the street, yet so many people judge them. We can't claim to know anyone and in this situation it is so very true. These are all someone's children, all human, all need love and to feel like they belong in the world. What gives anyone the right to judge them? People will say things like, "well, I don't want to give them money because they will spend it on booze or drugs" or they will just walk by and ignore it. And it's a shame and it breaks my heart! Regardless of addictions, mental health, poverty, or any other reason....they need us, we all need each other! Everyone deserves to feel wanted and accepted! Where is the love??? You realize that people will help an animal on the street but not a human?....can't do both?  Where's the compassion???

I was talking to a mother once when I was on a business trip. Her daughter suffers from addiction and is living on the street. They can't get her into rehab or any help because this entire island (of 750,000 people) only has 12 beds for these people who need help. What the hell??  You know how many people suffer from depression and anxiety these days? Even our children are being medicated for these illnesses. And PTSD, again, too many people suffer from this as well. And do you think they have help? This isn't right! And I swear the governement etc makes more money off low income and homeless people with all their supposed "foundations" that take most of the money for admin costs etc. Don't even get me started on that!

The world, and government, need to stop caring so much about money and start caring about humans. There wouldn't be any money anyway without all of us here.
This earth belongs to us all, we all have a heart and a brain, we all deserve to be loved and cared about. It's not right or fair ...or humane to leave anyone out.

And it's not just people walking on the street ignoring homeless etc....societies and religious groups will do the same if not worse sometimes. I've seen it. I've seen people in churches who are more judgemental than anyone else I've met. It's as if they skip the parts in their books and bibles about judging and accepting people....totally skipped over! I've heard homeless people talk about pasters being rude when offering food...like they are doing it for show (to get in with the big man)  and not because they actually care. This is messed up!

The problem is us! The solution is us! Help lift each other up! Love each other!








No comments:

Post a Comment