Powered By Blogger

Saturday, April 8, 2017

Day 2 (Morning - Noon)


Last night was windy! All I could hear was the trees blowing, wind chimes chiming and banging and the endless crunchy sound of the tarp smacking against the house from the carport, wrapping itself above onto the railing. Needless to say it was hard getting to sleep but as usual, playing a game on my oldests cellphone, my eyes started getting very heavy and just before almost dropping the cell on my face, I decided to shut it off and get some sleep. Who needs a black eye caused from a cell phone to the face? lol

This morning, woke up early as usual, weather grey but calm....no wind! Had my coffee and shortly after that my Dad showed up to take me with him for his blood and heart tests at the hospital. At least his heart is good :)   After that I came home and he went to see his doc. Blood pressure has come out of the dangerous level so that's a great thing! I gave him a bag of Hibiscus tea which is known to help lower blood pressure and some cayenne pepper which also helps if you make it in a "tea" (hot water). He's going crazy waiting for better weather so he can get back to his bike riding and exercise.

If interested in checking out some awesome, yummy, organic teas go to www.tealife.ca and use my name as a reference/rep: Dawn Mahaney)

When I got back, Cameran's tooth had also come out which he had been waiting for. Every single night for the past week, he's been upset and worried about sleeping thinking that his tooth might come out while he sleeps and he could swallow it. He's been getting nervous a lot lately about things especially with school which has made it hard to get him going. The bad side to all these drills and lock down practices at school is that they are causing fear in children. At first he would cry when the alarm would go off at school because the loud noise hurt his ears and scared him so the teacher made sure to have a headset for his ears when they do these drills. Now he tells me it also scares him because he thinks that something bad will happen at school because of the drills. It's getting to the point I don't know what else to do to help him out with this. He even asked to go back to us homeschooling. Even grade k-2 he would cry and not want to go to school so it was always a struggle. Homeschooled for a couple years and he was okay but now that he's in public school it's happening again. And the year is almost over, next year he'll be going to grade 6 which is middle school...not sure what I'll do when the time comes for that.

(Eating greek salad while blogging today)




No comments:

Post a Comment