Powered By Blogger

Sunday, April 16, 2017

Happy Easter!!


Well, it's Easter Sunday....

    Happy Easter to everyone and their families! My kids woke up to their little baskets of goodies and were happy. Of course, that made me happy. :)
As a parent, we always worry that we don't have enough to give to our children but they are always happy with what they get and then we are left wondering why we were so worried in the first place. lol  I think a big part of it is seeing other parents go insane over every holiday and spoiling their children too much that we feel we need to "keep up with the Jones'" but it's so not necessarily and actually just does more bad than good.
People seem to forget that these holidays are meant for family, not for material objects. It's nice to be able to give our children things but it's not necessary to go crazy with it. And we don't need to do what everyone else is doing...just to look good. Our children will always love us and look up to us..and be happy as long as we make time for them.
I just want to take them to the park, maybe play some outdoor games, hiking, etc. Those are the things that stick with kids..not what you got them.

My boys went to have dinner tonight at their grandparents house. I decided to stay home because of this severe fatigue I keep suffering from. Being anemic I guess it goes with the territory but still...it's too much sometimes. Plus I wanted to stay near the phone in case my mom or dad need me today. Both have been unwell at the same time and I don't feel right not being here just in case they call needing someone to talk to. So, I've been here watching Netflix...a movie called Cake...Jennifer Anniston is in it...kind of a slow movie, and seems low budget...but it has it's moments I guess. And closer to the end it is a tear jerker.
 I also had a nice plate of chow mein with stir fry veggies...yummy!


The kids called to tell me their Aunt (their dad's sister) has a big surprise for everyone....  I already know what it is but I'm not too thrilled about it....   more on that another time. lol


One thing that I wish for...is to spend more time with my family for holiday dinners. We don't get to do them often...and it's been a while. It's hard sometimes because me and my sister live here in the same town with our kids, my dad lives here, my mom is about an hour away, my brother is just over an hour away...  and everyone has different schedules going...gets hard to get us all together.  But I want to make it happen more often! It's too important!


Anyway, the movie is almost over, my tea is getting a bit cold, the sun is going down and I need to get up off my butt and turn a light on lol

Have a great night! (or day depending on where you are in the world)

Love,
Dawn The Irish Princess
xo




This is just beautiful! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment